Religious Instruction at Springsure State School, as approved under Section 76(1), (5) and (6) of the Education (General Provisions) Act 2006 (Qld) is a co-operative agreement that is non-denominational.
The students participate in an authorised program – Quest, a program of Christian Religious Education developed by ACCESS ministries and published by CEP Christian Education Publications, 2013.
The program is delivered by a number of qualified instructors including priests and pastors as well as lay members of the faith communities.
Aims and goals – to help students to discover, explore, apply and reflect on:
- Their own and others' life experiences
- Stories, beliefs and values from the Christian faith which relate to these experiences
- Skills for handling human issues or big-life questions.
- 30 minute sessions weekly in the Primary sector, 2x70 minute sessions per term in the Secondary sector
- Key Bible verse for each session
- Guided discovery of the Bible text
- Exploration of text through activities
- Reflection on lesson and learnings
Parents are requested to sign a Religious Instruction consent form upon enrolment. This consent can only be withdrawn in writing by the parent.